Defeating Test Anxiety
The pressure involved with taking exams can at times be rather intense. When an important test looms, unfortunately many students suffer from test anxiety
, which is a fear of failing that causes the student to underperform on the exam. Sufferers of test anxiety can become very frustrated, as their grades tend to not properly reflect their mastery of the subject. As such, today we'd like to share with you some tips on how to overcome test anxiety
and perform on par with your true abilities.
Tips on How to Beat Test Anxiety
- Study Efficiently- Learn good study habits and test-taking strategies. In many cases, professional tutoring can be a huge help in this regard. Tutoring in Whittier is available at the Tutoring Center.
- Implement a Consistent Pre-Test Routine- Preparing for a test the same way, every time, will increase your confidence and make the situation feel more familiar and manageable. Establish a routine and stick to it, and you'll find that your anxiety lessens dramatically.
- Incorporate Relaxation Techniques- Paying attention to your breathing is one of the best ways to relax. It's very difficult to feel nervous if you are breathing deeply and smoothly, which sends signals to your brain and body that everything is under control.
- Sleep- Rather than staying up late and obsessing, get to bed and make sure you get quality rest.
- Eat and Drink Healthily- Stay hydrated, eat well, and avoid things like caffeine or large amounts of sugar, which can cause you to feel more anxious.
For Tutoring in Whittier
If your child is struggling with test anxiety, or otherwise not achieving as much as they are capable of, they could benefit from tutoring in Whittier
. Here at the Tutoring Center
, our professionals offer one-to-one instruction
and programs that are proven to help your child succeed
. We start by offering a Free Diagnostic Assessment
, and from there we customize
a plan according to each student's specific needs. Call us today at 562 699 0218
to get set up!